Sunday, May 25, 2014

Comfy, Outdoor Pallet Bed - DIY

I am super excited about this project!  Last fall, I started to see outdoor pallet beds FLOOD Pinterest! And like most things on Pinterest, I wanted one for myself.  So I stacked 2 pallets twice (2 pallets stacked, side by side), and put a twin mattress on top and called it a day.......well, it was ok, put totally thrown together. So a few weeks ago, I got tired of looking at the "eyesore" as I had begun to think of it.  I decided to do something to make this junk look AMAZING....and that I did!
First, I cut some length off one of the pallets so that the mattress would fit perfectly on it, with no excess hanging out.  

 


Next, I had some old baseboards that came out of the Old Feed Store & Antiques in Woodbury, TN.  They redid part of the building, and I lucked into being in the right place at the right time.  All I did was used some wood screws to attach the boards to the pallets. Easy-peesy.


Although I loved the mint green color of the old trim, there were several spots that were unpainted so I couldn't leave it so unfinished looking.  I used a thin layer of Blackberry House Paint in Fresh Eggs to give it the finished look.  Last I put my mattress back on the pallets (already covered in a waterproof mattress cover), and simply a twin sheet.  Decorative outdoor pillow give it a finished look.  


And let me tell you, this is the most popular seat in the house when I have company!




No comments:

Post a Comment